- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Complete the Membership Application Form (this will be sent to prospective members when there is a new member intake);
- Obtain a criminal record check and vulnerable sector search (this must be updated every three years);
- Have valid First Aid, CPR Level C and AED certificate;
- Complete the Basic Searcher Course; and
- Pay the annual membership fee which is $10 for students, $20 for adults, $30 for partners and family.
The Searcher Course is held on an as-needed basis and delivered over a four-month period through a combination of classroom and field sessions. The complete ERI (Emergency Response Institute/Tundra) Searcher curriculum is covered in depth as well as additional material in order to meet and exceed the requirements of the CSA Ground Search and Rescue training standards. Candidates must attend a minimum of 80% of the Basic Searcher Course and some of the sessions are mandatory.
In addition, it is expected that members will contribute to the organization by assisting with fundraising activities and taking an active role on the various committees required to operate a professional SAR organization.
Prospective Members’ Meetings are held prior to the start of Searcher training to provide those interested with an overview of the organization, member expectations and further information about Saskatoon Search and Rescue. If, after reviewing the above-noted documents, you have questions or would like to be notified of the next Prospective Members’ Meeting, please email the Membership Director.